Guides, Manuals, and Links
Guides & Manual:
National Respite Guidelines: Guiding Principles for Respite Models and Services (ARCH)
Abstract: The National Respite Guidelines provide principles addressing quality indicators for all respite models and services. They can act as a checklist for respite providers to review as they address service delivery issues. The guidelines are intended to be used by respite programs, individual providers, health care providers, human services agencies (i.e., disability, health, aging, children), state agencies, planning groups, stakeholders, and others who are interested in advancing quality respite.
Providing and Receiving Respite Care Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Updated Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccinations (ARCH)
Abstract: As more communities continue to be impacted by the ongoing pandemic, many respite care agencies and providers are adapting services as needed. This updated resource includes important guidance on COVID-19 vaccinations and the evolving COVID-19 variants.
Volunteer Respite Manual: Creating Valuable Options for Family Caregivers
Abstract: The ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center has updated this step-by-step manual to help national, state and community -based programs and faith-based initiatives assess needs, plan, and implement volunteer respite programs with special guidance on providing volunteer services during the pandemic. Topics include: program planning and operations; volunteer recruitment, training and management; performance measurement; policies and procedures; liability insurance; and marketing.
- ARCH Lifespan Respite and Technical Assistance Center: archrespite.org/ta-center-for-respite The Technical Assistance Center' offers training and technical assistance activities.
- ARCH Respite Start-Up Manuals: archrespite.org/resource-library/?_sf_s=start%20up%20manual for bringing respite to your community for various populations.
- ARCH Adult Day Services and Respite Fact Sheet (2022) provides information and resources on how adult day services can offer respite through home and community-based, therapeutic, social, and health-related services: archrespite.org/library/adult-day-services-and-respite
- ARCH Respite and the Faith Community Fact Sheet (2022) describes how faith communities can provide or support respite services as well as offer guidance to respite programs on ways to partner with faith communities to expand the reach of their services: archrespite.org/library/fact-sheet-respite-and-the-faith-community
- Family Caregiver Alliance National Center on Caregiving: www.caregiver.org The 'Innovations Clearinghouse on Family Caregiving' section has programs, public policy and technical assistance for professionals.