10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Caregiver or Home Care Agency
Abstract: By asking some questions up front you can become an educated consumer when hiring a caregiver to come into your home.
ABC's: Care Terms Explained
Abstract: Use this list of acronyms, abbreviations, and specialized terms to assist you when communicating with health care and human services professionals.
Activities of Daily Living: Tips for the Family Caregiver
Abstract: These tips will help new family caregivers understand the importance of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in the lives of their care recipients.
Caregiver's Checklist for Emergency Room Visits
Abstract: Learn some caregiving tips to prepare for emergency room visits.
Dementia: Caregiving Coping Tips
Abstract: As the months and years of caregiving pass by, Alzheimer's caregivers can become exhausted and burnt out. If you're a caregiver, follow these tips to care for yourself.
How to Hire In-Home Help
Abstract: How do you go about finding appropriate in-home help, whether you are a family caregiver or a person needing assistance? Get all of the information that you need through this helpful article.
- AgingCare.com - New to Caregiving: http://www.agingcare.com/New-to-Caregiving Learn the basics for your journey as a caregiver.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, National Center on Caregiving: Safe at Home - A Caregiver's Guide This educational video offers caregivers of those with dementia simple, inexpensive options to make specific areas of the home (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and more) safer.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, National Center on Caregiving: http://www.caregiver.org/caregiver/jsp/home.jsp This website provides information, education, services, research and advocacy for caregivers.
- Family Caregivers of Veterans: http://www.VeteransCaregivers.org This resource page has been developed through a partnership with the Virginia Department of Veterans Services and the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program. It provides key articles, tools and the local Virginia Wounded Warrior Program for Caregivers of Veterans in Virginia.
- Well Spouse Association: http://www.wellspouse.org This website ia a peer-to-peer support organization for spousal caregivers of spouses/partners with long-term illnesses.