10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Caregiver or Home Care Agency
Abstract: By asking some questions up front you can become an educated consumer when hiring a caregiver to come into your home.
ABC's: Care Terms Explained
Abstract: Use this list of acronyms, abbreviations, and specialized terms to assist you when communicating with health care and human services professionals.
Activities of Daily Living: Tips for the Family Caregiver
Abstract: These tips will help new family caregivers understand the importance of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in the lives of their care recipients.
Caregiver's Checklist for Emergency Room Visits
Abstract: Learn some caregiving tips to prepare for emergency room visits.
Dementia: Caregiving Coping Tips
Abstract: As the months and years of caregiving pass by, Alzheimer's caregivers can become exhausted and burnt out. If you're a caregiver, follow these tips to care for yourself.
How to Hire In-Home Help
Abstract: How do you go about finding appropriate in-home help, whether you are a family caregiver or a person needing assistance? Get all of the information that you need through this helpful article.
- AgingCare.com - New to Caregiving: https://www.agingcare.com/New-to-Caregiving Learn the basics for your journey as a caregiver.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, National Center on Caregiving: Safe at Home - A Caregiver's Guide This educational video offers caregivers of those with dementia simple, inexpensive options to make specific areas of the home (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and more) safer.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, National Center on Caregiving: https://www.caregiver.org/caregiver/jsp/home.jsp This website provides information, education, services, research and advocacy for caregivers.
- VA Caregiver Support: https://www.caregiver.va.gov This resource has been developed to provides key educational resources, tools and training for Caregivers of Veterans.
- Well Spouse Association: http://www.wellspouse.org This website ia a peer-to-peer support organization for spousal caregivers of spouses/partners with long-term illnesses.